Next, we would like to get to know you to suit your medical tourism experience parralel your unique situation.
Step 1- Request a Quote:
If you are interested in getting treatment with us, it's important to browse our website and contact us so we can start the process. Once you request a quote, you will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours so we can begin the approval process.
Step 2- Send Medical Records:
You will automatically receive an email with a link to fill out your Medical Questionaire. The medical records that we will need from you will depend on what procedure you are requesting. They can be anything from pictures if you are requesting cosmetic surgery, an MRI or Xray report for Orthopedics and Spine, or medical reports by your local hospital or doctor’s diangostics. Your case manager will provide you with more details about this once you discuss with him/her.
Step 3- Approval and Itinerary Planning: Once we have all the information requested for your approval, your case manager will send you your ‘Final quote and Details’ description which will highlight your entire medical travel trip with us. Your approval will include information such as:
- Your final itinerary schedule from Day 1 till the last day
- Notes by your surgeon in regards to the actual surgical details and timings
- What to expect upon arrival, after your surgery and after you go back home for your recovery
- Final price and what it includes
- Some answers to FAQ’s - Details of what to bring what not to bring
- Your rights as a medical travel patient with us
- Information about Mexicali, Hotels, and How to pay
This document will be your Final Quote Assessment which should be followed by a telefone call to make sure the information is clear to you
Step 4- The Arrival:
At this stage of the process, you are already in our custody! At the Family Hospital, our goal is to follow your itinerary as best possible to maximize your experience with us. We promise to deliver all services to you as a patient. Please keep in mind Our specialists perform surgeries to locals and medical travelers on a daily basis, so the exact time of your consultation and/or surgery can change by several hours. If so, we will notify you in advance. During this stage, the following segments will take place:
- Pickup/Drop-offs from the agreed arrival destination
- Pre-op testings, consultation with the specialist(s)
- Hospital overnight stay ( if required ) pre-surgery
- Surgery and after surgery recovery
- Post-hospital recovery nights
- Hotel recovery nights
- Ground transportation within the city of Mexicali for all post-surgery consultation meetings ( if necessary )
- physicall therapy sessions ( if necessary )
- Pharmacy trips, and/or hospital trips for check-ups
- Hotel nursing care (if needed )
- After surgery recovery details when going back home ( What to do what not to do and for how long as well as what to expect )
- Transportation back to departure destination
This part of the process is your actual medical travel experience. We will work shoulder to shoulder during your time with us to make you as comfortable as possible while you recover with us!
Step 5 - Recovery back home:
Most likely, your medical travel itinerary will consist of having you stay in the hospital for several nights followed by a hotel for the remaining of your experience. Once your medical travel is complete, you will be eligible to go back home but an after surgery instructions process stills need to be followed. We will provide you with recovery details for your particular surgery and information about what to expect.
We will provide you with 2 complimentary follow up during your recovery back home but most importantly if you have any questions please address them to your case manager as soon as possible, he/she is always avaialble to assist you. Your case manager will coordinate with your doctor to provide you any answers. If you are facing any type of an emergency, please dial 911 if you are in the United States of visit your local hospital for a revision. We are not finished until you are completely healed!