What is the
Anterior Cruciate Ligament surgery? The surgical
procedure of removing or repair the Anterior Cruciate Ligament by using grafts.
This is due by an injury on the Ligament. The anterior cruciate ligament is one
of the most important ligaments on the knee who allows movement and medial
rotation. Surgeon removes the ligament and uses a graft to replace it. There
are two types of grafts that are most commonly use autografts and allografts. Autografts
are made of your own tissue or bone from another part of your body. Allografts
are tissue or bone from a cadaver. This is a procedure done in the Family
Hospital by Our Orthopedic surgeon. Feel free to contact us for more
.How is the
surgery performed in the Family Hospital?
The surgeon makes
three small incisions and in one of the incision inserts the arthroscopy
device. This is a surgical instrument that has a camera, and the surgeon is
capable of operating through a TV without having to make a large incision on
the knee. This is less invasive for your knee. Saline solution is use to clean
up the area so the surgeon can see with greater accuracy. Surgeon makes holes
in the leg where the graft will be anchored. The graft passes through the
holes, and it’s secure with staples.
1. Request a Quote. Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. As a patient we promise to provide round trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any área within 130 miles radius from Mexicali. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change to our doctor’s schedule, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Travel itinerary will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.