It's the surgical procedure of raising or lifting the breasts due to losing weight, breastfeeding, gravity, aging, and/or pregnancy. In recent years, Breast lifts, or it's medical name "Mastopexy" has become more and more popular. It's a proven method to perk your breasts for a younger look & feel. This procedure will give you the perfect appearance and increase your self-confidence. There are several techniques that we do at the Family Hospital such as the Anchor-Shape, Lolly Pop, or Nipple-only trimming. The size of your breast as well as the final result you wish to obtain will determine what technique will be suit you.
How are Breast Lift surgeries performed at Family Hospital?
Breast Lift is done under Regional Blockage & IV sedation on most occasions. There are three options where to make the incision: around the nipple, around the nipple vertically down, and on the armpit. The surgeon will remove the excess skin and pull the skin remaining to make it firmer and the incision will be close with dissolve stitches. The nipple is reposition where it used to be creating a younger look. You have to stay a minimum of one night in the hospital so we can provide comfort & assistance for at least 24 hours, reducing the possibilities of using excess force. At home, it is very important that you follow the surgeon´s indications. For More specific details please communitate with your Case manager.
1. Request a Quote. Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. We offer round-trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any área within 130 miles radius from Mexicali upon request. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Travel itinerary will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.
Itinerary example of Medical Travel Day 1 - Pick up at San Diego CA or Yuma AZ airport, transportation provided to the hospital. Check-in, Pre-Operative tests followed by resting overnight in your private hospital room.
Day 2 - Consultation with Specialist & Anesthesiologist followed by surgery. Patient will continue to rest in recovery room after surgery until she is eligable to go back to private hospital room. Hospital overnight stay.
Day 3 - Hospital Check-out , Hotel recovery nights begin.
Day 3-5 - Hotel recovery nights ( if flying you should considering a couple nights in a hotel so we can be avaialble in case of any immediate after surgery complications and assist them right away
Day 5 - Final consultation before Departing. Transportation back to Airport for Departure.
After Surgery Indications
- Wear a sport bra 24/7 as indicated by the surgeon.
- Do not lift heavy objects.
- Take your medication prescribed by the surgeon.
- Do not smoke 4 weeks after the surgery.
- In case of fever, deep pain, bleeding,nausea, and vomiting contact your surgeon or visit Emergency center.
- If the incision is opening you should take pictures of the area and contact your surgeon.
- Avoid eating spicy food and fats.
- Do not exercise or any physical activity during 6-8 weeks, and you can start at a moderate pace.
- Follow the After sugery guidelines provided by the hospital
1) How can I know if I am a good candidate for this surgery? You need to take some pictures of the area that you want to improve and send them to your case manager. Your case manager will let you know the options you have to improve your look.
2) Do I need to take a vacation time from work?Yes, it depends on your healing process at least 3 weeks. Also, it depends on your type of job you do. If you have a physically labor intensive job you cannot go back to work until after 6 weeks post surgery. Please discuss this with your Case Manager.
3) What can I do if I am not happy with the final results? You have to wait until 6 months to see the final results, Take pictures and contact your case manager. We can always work with you in finding the best solution for your desired results. 4) Can I still breastfeed my children? Yes, for more information ask your surgeon or case manager.
5) What can I do if the incision is opening?Take some pictures and send them to your case manager, and expect a response within 1-6 hours.
6) How many Breast Lift procedures have you done? Thousands. Breast Lift surgery is a very common procedure.