This is a surgery to treat the carpal tunnel syndrome.
The carpal tunnel syndrome is an inflammation of the ligaments in the wrist
causing pressure on the nerves. This is a very painful disorder due to obesity,
people who use their hands repetitive such as typist or receptionist, and
arthritis. Some of the symptoms are pain, numbness, and weakness. It may be
treated with physical therapy, completely rest, medications, but if the
syndrome does not improve or if it’s too severe your best option is going into
surgery. Family Hospital has the best orthopedic surgeons in the region.
How is Carpal Tunnel surgery performed at Family Hospital?
The surgery is done under local anesthesia. A small incision
is made on the middle of your palm, and they remove all the fascia and tissue
to locate the transverse carpal ligament. The transverse carpal ligament is cut
and relief the pressure in the nerves and other ligaments. The incision is
close with stitches, and the patient is ready to go back home the same day.
After three weeks, the surgeon has to remove the stitches.
1. Request a Quote. Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. As a patient we promise to provide round trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any area within 130 miles radius from Mexicali. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change to our doctor’s schedule, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Travel itinerary will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.
Itinerary Day 1- Arrival in airport or designated location. Transportation
to hospital, and Pre-Op testing and consultation. Spend night in hospital Day 2- Surgery day, recovery in hospital day, and patient eligible
to go to back home or to the hotel for recovery.
Please keep in mind, all ground transportation while recovering in Mexicali doctor appointments are provided by Family
Hospital at no extra cost.
a wrist brace for two weeks. 2.Take
the medication as prescribed by the surgeon. 3.In
case of fever, deep pain, bleeding,nausea,
and vomiting contact your surgeon. 4. If the incision is opening you should take pictures of
the area and contact your surgeon. 5.Bruising
and swelling is normal on the area affected.