How do we performed at Family Hospital?
The two procedures to remove the gallbladder are the
open surgery and the most common procedure the laparoscopic surgery. In the
laparoscopic surgery the surgeon makes two small incisions where the
laparoscope instruments goes into and removes the gallbladder. The surgeon
closes the two small incisions with stitches. The surgery requires general
anesthesia for the patient.
1. Request a Quote. Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. As a patient we promise to provide round trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any área within 130 miles radius from Mexicali. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change to our doctor’s schedule, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Travel itinerary will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.
After surgery Indications
Normal activities one week after the surgery.
- Contact your
doctor in case of fever, nausea, yellow skin or eyes, and abdominal pain.
medications prescribed by the doctor.
- Clean the
incision with soap and water.
I have to follow a diet after the surgery? It depends on the person, contact the doctor
are some symptoms that a complication may occur? The symptoms are nausea, yellow eyes or skin, fever,
deep abdominal pain, liquid getting out of the incision. As soon as possible
contact your surgeon.
is safe to say that full recovery has been completed? Laparoscopic surgery takes 2 weeks, and open surgery
takes 4-6 weeks after the surgery.
can I go back to work? It depends on your job. If you don’t have physical
activity you can go back to work in few days. If you have an open surgery is
within 4-5 weeks after the surgery.