ovarian cyst is a bubble-like fluid sac that is formed naturally inside or around the
ovaries as they are functioning. They can be
both cancerous or non-cancerous
and depending on the diagnostic the recommended surgery or technique will be
performed. There are several reasons why an Ovarian cyst removal is
recommended. Some one those reasons is a particular cysts grows larger than 3
inches in diameter causing discomfort or pain.
popular reason would be that a cyst does not get dissolved on its own after 2-3
months. Whatever your reason would be at Family Hospital we will make sure we
provide you with the proper care to deal with your condition.
we perform Ovarian Cyst Removal at Family Hospital ?
Determining the proper technique and
surgical expectations for your particular Ovarian Cyst condition will have to
be decided only after we perform the proper diagnostics to determine your
condition. We will need to determine the size of the cyst and if it is
cancerous or non-cancerous. An ultrasound and blood test will provide this
information. Surgery is performed under General Anesthesia and it lasts about
1-2 hours. Ovarian cyst removal surgery can be done laparoscopically or through
a larger abdominal incision. Usually, if
there is any reason to believe cancer is present, our surgeons will perform
your procedure through a larger abdominal incision.. After the surgery you will
wake up in the recovery room followed by your private hospital room. The best way to prevent cysts to regroup is
by removing the ovaries completely ( oomanectomy )
Material used- Laparoscopic
tower ( if non-cancerous cysts)
Day 1- Arrival
in Airport, transporation to hospital for Pre-Op testing and physical
consultation. After in-hospital
examination, we will determine the number or recovery days needed post
surgery.Rest in Hospital Day
day, rest in hospital Day 3 -Patient
eligible to go to hotel for extra day of recovery, some tests perform prior to
departure of hospital.
Day 4 -Patient can be
eligible to go back home but will be determined by his surgeon depending on
progress or observations made during Pre-Op tests. Transportation provided back
to airport if needed.
1. Request a Quote. Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. As a patient we promise to provide round trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any área within 130 miles radius from Mexicali. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change to our doctor’s schedule, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Travel itinerary will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.
- You will recovery in the
recovery room until the anesthesia has passed - It is normal to feel a bit of
pain and we will provide you with pain killers when in need - Full recovery can take 2 weeks
of non-work related activities - Please follow your surgeons
instructions post surgery