Patient Rights and ResponsibilitiesRespect and Privacy
- Respect in a caring and safe environment.
- Personal privacy and confidentiality of your health information. Quality Care
- Proper evaluation and treatment
- Have access to protective services.
- Have your concerns heard and resolved when possible. If you have concerns about your care, contact your caregivers or a supervisor. If you are not happy with how your concern is resolved, contact Customer Service. Make Decisions
- Be involved with your care through discussions with your caregivers.
- Be informed of the benefits and risks of your treatment options, and agree to or refuse a course of action.
- Designate a support person (or persons) of your choosing to be involved in your care when appropriate. You may restrict access of your support person or visitors at any time.
- Choose whether or not to take part in research studies and to have studies explained to you before you decide. Other care will continue regardless of your decision to take part in research studies.
- Seek an alternate doctor or ask for a second opinion.
Give correct and complete information about your health status and health history.
Ask questions if you do not understand information or instructions.
Inform your caregivers if you do not intend to or cannot follow the treatment plan.
Accept health consequences that may occur if you decide to refuse treatment or instructions.
Cooperate with your caregivers.
Respect the rights and property of other patients.
Tell your caregivers of any medications you brought from home.
Report any changes in your health status to your caregivers.
It is important to consider the following steps for your admission...
The patient, or the responsible person who accompanies them, must present their ID and provide all the information required for their admission to the Reception area.
If you will be taken care of thru Private Medical Insurance, please present your affiliation card. In case of a programmed surgery, please present the authorization letter (issued by your Insurance Company).
For your stay at Hospital de la Familia / Family Hospital we recommend you bring the following articles: robe, two sets of underwear, two pairs of socks, personal hygiene articles.
In case of a cesarean or natural birth we recommend you also bring:
Mother: night gown, two maternity bras, sanitary towels, and a breastfeeding pillow.
For Baby:three cotton baby sleepers, three undershirts, a pair of gloves, three pairs of socks, a pack of diapers, a cotton receiving blanket, a thicker blanket. (everything in newborn size)
Visiting hours for patients are from 9am to 9pm, only 3 visitors inside the room, for safety purposes children under 10 years are not allowed in the hospital rooms. Only 1 person may spend the night with the patient.