Our spinal column is divided into 4 parts, and the first seven vertebrae are named the C1-C7. The first part of your backbone is named the cervical column. It begins on your skull, and it ends up in the neck area. If you are experiencing neck or arm pain, loss of coordination, headaches and fever, weakness in arms, you may be having a cervical spine problem. Sometimes doctors may treat it with physical therapy or medications, but if it does not improve they have to go into surgery. Most of the time the pressure between the vertebrae is damaging the nerves. Cervical Spine surgery is usually minimal-invasive. Contact our case manager to see if you qualify for Cervical Spine Surgery.
How is Cervical spine surgery performed at Family Hospital?
There are several procedures you should discuss with your case manager and surgeon which is best for you. Some of the procedures are:
1) Discectomy: Under General anesthesia, the surgeon makes a small incision in the neck, and moving the structures to a side reach the vertebrae. The surgeon removes the intervertebral disk and the bone spurs. They could add bone fusion, screws or a plate.
2) Laminectomy:Under general anesthesia the surgeon makes an incision in the middle of the neck. Moving all the scturtures to the side, the surgeon removes the lamina allowing more space for the nerves.
3) A combination of techniques, depending on your particular situation. The best strategy for your surgery will be determined after careful reviee of your medical records.
1. Request a Quote. Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. As a patient we promise to provide round trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any área within 130 miles radius from Mexicali. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change to our doctor’s schedule, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Your recovery will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.
Itinerary Day 1 - Pick up patient at airport, transportation to Hospital. Pre-Ops & Initial Screening, Overnight in hospital
Day 2 - Surgery day, Overnight in hospital Day 3- Recovery in Hotel Day 4- Recovery in Hotel