Lumbar spine surgery is a surgical option to treat pain, numbness, stiffness, dizziness and other symptoms usually caused by injury. Most patients begin treating their lumbar spine symptoms through physical therapy, but once/if physical therapy does not work and X-ray's & MRI results indicate surgery is the only option only then lumbar spine surgery should take place. Nerve pinching is the most common reason patients decide to get surgery instead of physical therapy. The procedure is minimal-invasive, patients can walk the day after surgery and infection risk is very low compared to other specialties.
Materials used: All our prosthetics are FDA approved ( Wallies, DIAN, Rods, and bars )
Itinerary Day 1 - Pick up patient at the airport, transportation provided to hospital. Pre-Ops and Consultation. Overnight hospital stay Day 2 - Surgery day, Rest in Hospital Day 3- Recovery in Hotel Day 4- Recovery in Hotel Day 5- Eligible to go back home, transportation provided back
Next Steps 1. Request a Quote.Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. As a patient we promise to provide round trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any área within 130 miles radius from Mexicali. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change to our doctor’s schedule, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Travel itinerary will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.
1) What happens after surgery? It depends on your particular case. Most likely you will need to rest for 24 hours in the hospital and after the 24 hours of resting, you would be allowed to walk on your own. You could go back to your normal activities within a couple days but for lifting heavy objects or exercising it's best to follow the recommendation of your surgeon.
2) How do I know what surgery is right for me? Send us your MRI report and complete your Medical Intake Form and we will let you know the right treatment for you.
3) Can I leave after a couple days? Yes, you do not need to stay more than several days post surgery in the area unless your case requires you to stay longer.
4) How many Lumbar Spine surgeries have you performed? Thousands, Dr. Hernandez-Pena & Dr Bustamante is one of the Spine surgeons that has performed the most Spine surgeries in the region.
5) Do I need to travel with someone? We recommend that you travel with someone but it is not required. We have a medical tourism team that will assist you every step of the way during your surgery with us and most medical travelers travel on there own.