How thigh lift surgery is performed at Family Hospital ?
We will discuss with you the options of performing your thigh lift through intravenous sedation or general anesthesia. During your consultation, your surgeon will draw on you as your thigh lift surgery will depend strickly on your particular situation. There are several techniques that can be used such as having your incision through your groin area extending downwards around the backside of your thighs. The excess skin will be removed and the underlying tissue will be tightened. There is a possibility that you may qualify for minimal invasive thigh lift surgery. When performing minimal invasive thigh lift surgery the only areas where an incision will be performed in would be in your groin area hence a smaller scar/incision. The key here is to make sure we provide the best results possible for your particular situation regardless of the time needed in the operating room. Your surgery could take several hours. After your surgery, you will rest in the recovery room followed by your private hospital room. Thigh lifts do tend to be a little more maintance than other cosmetic procedures, so it's important to follow the after surgery instructions as indicated by your surgeon.
Itinerary Example of a Medical Travel Trip for Thigh Lift surgery
Day 1- Pick up at US airport. Transportation provided to Family Hospital for pre-op tests and consultation with surgeon. Rest in hospital
Day 2- Surgery, Rest in Hospital Day 3- Eligable to go to Hotel once doctor approves
Day 3- 12 Depending on the kind of incision, you might need to stay for 12 nights in the area, this will be determined after you send pictures. It's important to be very careful post-surgery as thigh lift surgeries tend to be more laborish than other cosmetic surgeries. Complications can be anything from an incision opening to an infection. We will monitor closely the recovery of the patient.
1. Request a Quote. Browse our website and contact us. You will automatically receive an email that will explain to you the next steps. A case manager will contact you within 24 hours to begin the approval.
2. Send Medical Records. You will automatically receive a link to fill out your medical questionnaire, and it is likely that your case manager will request previous medical records, pictures or any other test that will relate to your final quote and details.
3. Approval and Itinerary Plan. Your case manager will send you “the final quote and detail” description of your travel trip.
4. The arrival. As a patient we promise to provide round trip transportation from San Diego and Yuma, AZ and any área within 130 miles radius from Mexicali. The exact time of your consultation or surgery can change to our doctor’s schedule, but we will notify in advance.
5. Recovery. Recovery will consist of having you stay in the hospital or /and hotel, but this will depend on your particular surgical case and request.
- Thigh Lift surgery requires more cautiousness and respect post surgery than any other cosmetic surgery due to the commonness of having the incisions infected or opened because of the particular área-
After your surgery, you will wear a compression garment and you must rest for 2 weeks- You must clean the incision area with water and soup at least 3 times a day-You must not do any exercise for at least 8 weeks post surgery
- There are cetain teas and creams that you can use that will heal your recovery a lot faster-Unless you live in the nearby area, you must stay at least 120 miles from Mexicali during your recovery
1. When should I consider Thigh Lift surgery? If you were a person that lose a lot of weight in a short period of time due to some bariactric surgery, and you have loose skin or if it is bothing you when you run/walk.
2. How would I know how big & where the incision will take place? By sending pictures of your thighs, your Case Manager will assist you in this process.
3. What do I do if I am having a complication ?
In case of high fever, deep pain, the incision is red or hot, and if liquid is getting out of the incision4. What do I do if the incision is opening?
Take some pictures of the incision and contact your surgeon as soon as possible. 5. What do I do if I am having an infection and how do I know I am having an infection?
In case of high fever, deep pain, the incision is red or hot, and if liquid is getting out of the incision contact your surgeon. 6. When is it safe to say full recovery has been completed?
In 1 month